Contract Manager (Operations Manager) with award winning company2019-08-20
Talent Partners are presently looking to recruit a Contract Manager for an award winning client company in the Dublin region and this role will offer excellent long term career opportunities fo the successful candidate. As Contract Manager you have have responsibility for the delivery of our client's largest individual contract and be the daily interface between the client and customer to ensure successful delivery of this project.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Lead and motivate your team through high levels of engagement and communication to deliver KPIs.
- Track service delivery against contract plans and SLAs, with regular reporting and detailed analysis.
- Building excellent relationships with the client and suppliers. Regular client engagement and representing the company at weekly meetings. Initiating frequent and proactive communications.
- Creating strategies for the operational functions of the business to ensure continuous improvement, delivery of SLA’s and growth.
- Working with the executive team to design and implement business plans, translating into actionable goals for performance and service improvements. Delivering the operational and strategic decisions to ensure those goals are met.
- Working with your management team ensuring the continuous improvement of qualitative controls /operating procedures in the organisation, developing new and existing internal quality controls and developing annual plans.
- Delivery of key projects including the implementation and automation of management systems and contract restructuring.
- Evaluate operational and financial performance through analysis and interpretation of data and reacting accordingly in order to achieving the business goals.
- Working with the finance department to develop financial budgets. Overall responsibility for budget management, financial performance and attainment of financial goals.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management role.
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills as well as excellent written, numeracy and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational & change management skills - significant experience in a changing environment.
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
- Analytical and decisive, observant thinking with excellent attention to detail
- Energetic, hardworking, diligent, self-driven and motivated.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment and the ability to multi-task is required.
- Experience in successful delivery of quality programmes such as ISO /Q Mark would be an advantage.