Chief Commercial Officer2018-11-28
Our Client is an ambitious high-growth software company that have scaled to become one of the leading players in their market segment. As part of their ambitious growth plans, the business is now looking to hire a Chief Commercial Officer who will oversee the continued growth and development of the business in the coming years.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the commercial operations of the business and devising and implementing strategic plans to ensure key business milestones and KPI’s are achieved. Our client is a scaling technology firm who are very proud of the work culture and environment and they are looking to hire a talented Chief Commercial Officer with a proven track record of success from the technology sector with previous start up experience.
As Chief Commercial Officer -
You will have responsibility for sales, business development, strategic partnerships and marketing. You will lead and manage these functions within the business. It goes without saying that we are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of success in driving growth in a business that is industry disrupting through innovative sales and data-driven marketing activity. Proven ability as a leader of high performing teams is essential as is a clear track record of success with business growth and profitability. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will have full responsibility for commercial activities and will sit on the Senior Management Team of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and implementing all aspects of commercial planning, business development, and marketing strategy
- Evaluate the existing commercial structure to ensure resources are deployed in a manner that optimizes effectiveness
- Develop and drive sales strategy and sales achievement of budgeted targets through new customer acquisition and customer success to position for significant future growth
- Work closely with marketing team to development a global strategic marketing plan including objectives and strategy for targeted markets
- Identify and manage KPI’s and business metrics with regard to revenues, profitability and market share and establish strong planning & reporting processes
- Utilize strong business analytics and data to optimize performance
- Engage and manage external parties as and when required
Desired profile of the successful candidate:
- 10 years plus experience building Sales & Marketing teams and strategy ideally in a SaaS product company as a CCO. CMO or CRO.
- Demonstrable experience of executing plans with commercial impact
- Proven success leading the brand messaging & positioning of SaaS products
- Demonstrated track record delivering revenue against sales plan
- Solid knowledge of analytics tools, and ability to understand customer requirements
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Demonstrable history of data-driven decision-making
- Executive-level relationship management: negotiation, influence, consensus building
- Enthusiastic, inspirational leadership with excellent communication